Sport Imperial Customer Charter
Sport Imperial is committed to providing all members with an excellent level of customer service and strives to maintain this with regular reviews and staff training. The "Customer Satisfaction Charter" outlines the standard of service you can expect from us, how to obtain information you need and explains how you can help us continue to maintain high standards through different feedback methods.
As Sport Imperial staff we are committed to:
- Maintaining a professional manner at all times.
- Providing clear and accurate information.
- Being courteous and helpful.
- Responding to all enquiries / feedback / complaints within a given time frame.
- Resolving enquiries as quickly as possible
- Advising members of any closures / cancellations promptly and providing regular updates.
- Listening to what our members have to say about the services.
- Valuing member's privacy and treating all personal information confidentially.
- Being sensitive to special needs
- Treat all members fairly, whatever their age, sexual orientation, religious belief, disability, gender or race.
Our service level commitment
Telephone and over the counter service
- Reception staff, are the initial point of contact for over the counter enquiries.
- They will endeavour to always respond promptly and in a professional manner.
- Where a staff member is unable to respond to a face to face enquiry directly, they will refer the inquiry to the relevant member of staff for resolution e.g. Duty Manager.
- An automated telephone system has been put in place at Ethos to answer common questions e.g. opening hours.
- Where the enquiry is more complex the system will direct you to a member of staff, who will endeavour to resolve your enquiry / request as quickly as possible.
- All staff members answering a call will answer politely using the following format:
Good Morning / Afternoon / Evening Sport Imperial, Site (e.g. Ethos Sports Centre), Staff name speaking how can I help you
- Where applicable all answer phone messages will be responded to at the first available opportunity.
- In the event of the relevant staff member being unavailable at the time of call, they or another appropriate staff member will respond to the enquiry within the next working day.
Letter and email correspondence
- We will endeavour to acknowledge receipt of all emails within 2 working days.
- Where possible a full response to the email enquiry will be supplied within 10 working days.
- We will respond to all letter correspondence within 10 working days of receipt.
- In the event that an answer can't be sought within the 10 day period, contact will be made to inform the member of this and frequent updates will be given until the enquiry has been resolved.
- At times it may be deemed more appropriate to respond to a written enquiry over the telephone e.g. if staff member needs to obtain further information.
Logging a complaint
If a member finds themselves dissatisfied with the quality of service provided they can raise a complaint by telephone, email, a letter, via online feedback form or in person.
Sport Imperial complaint management
All complaints received are taken very seriously and will be dealt with immediately where possible.
In the event that the later is not possible the issue will be referred onto a member of staff who has the knowledge and expertise to resolve the complaint as soon as possible. When investigating a complaint a staff member will follow the simple steps shown below:
- Gather and analyse all relevant information, clarifying any confusion that may have occurred. This will involve making initial contact with the member who logged the complaint within a two day period.
- Compare the complaint made against Terms and conditions of use.
- Consider who is at fault
- Decide on appropriate action to resolve the complaint.
- Where appropriate reassess Terms & Conditions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Endeavour to complete investigation and resolve complaint within a 10 day period.
- If a complaint is found to be in anyway frivolous, malicious or vexatious no further action will be taken. The facility manager will inform the member of this decision in writing.
To ensure that we are able to provide the best possible service, we expect our members to meet the following expectations:
- Treat all staff members in a polite courteous manner.
- Respect the safety, privacy and needs of all other users.
- Inform us how we can improve our services via online feedback form / email / letter / telephone or face to face.
- Refrain from using any abusive or aggressive form of language when corresponding with a member of staff.
- Please note that where a member is found to be acting in an abusive or aggressive manner towards a staff member, the latter will politely but firmly close / terminate the conversation and inform their line manager of their actions. Depending on the circumstances the member maybe found to be in breach of their membership terms and conditions. In this instance it may be deemed fit via management to terminate all contracts between involved parties and the Sport Imperial facility.
If you would like to make an enquiry, register a complaint or provide feedback on our services, please click here for contact details.