ESRC Open Call
The Open Call invites applications for specific impact projects that deliver or promote the benefits of social science research and PhD training to a full range of end users across industry, the public sector, the third sector.
It is not necessary that the impact activities proposed relate specifically to individual research projects or studentships previously funded by ESRC, nor do individuals need to have been supported by ESRC in the past. However, supported activities must be able to demonstrate how they will create specific impact from social science research that has been conducted within the remit of ESRC.
The Open Call for Impact Proposals will support:
1. Activities to directly translate social science knowledge and research into business, NGOs and the public and third sectors, by influencing policy, changing business practice and other means;
2. Knowledge transfer secondments with public, private and third sector organisations (we would aim to attract both inward and outward secondments through this type of activity);
3. Developing and promoting new engagement methods to help promote best practice across social science knowledge areas.
For more information please see the ESRC Open Call Guidance (pdf). We are currently accepting applications to this call. Applications for 2017 will be considered in September and November; if your application is received by 5pm on the first Monday of the month unless otherwise stated below, you will informed of the outcome within that month. Applications received after the first Monday of the month will not be reviewed until the next round.
- There is no assessment of applications in August
- if the Monday is Bank Holiday, the deadline will be on Tuesday.