Senior Academic Appointments, Reviews and Promotions
The Promotions and Senior Appointments team manages, organises and administers the following areas:
- The annual Academic Staff Promotions exercise for the conferment of titles, or promotion to Senior Lecturer (non-clinical), Reader (clinical and non-clinical), Professor (clinical and non-clinical), Senior and Principal Research Fellow, Learning and Teaching job family posts (Level 6)
- The appointments to senior academic posts (Chairs, Professors, Readers), usually from outside the College
- The Job Level Reviews, for the roles of non-academic staff. These reviews occur three times per annum, in April, August and November
- The team manages all HR-related administrative and recruitment work for HR staff within the HR Division, with the exception of employee relations
- The team's administrator is responsible for the scheduling of all consuls on interview panels, appeals panels, and others as required by departments and faculties.