Undergraduate and exchange students
Improve your English through our short, convenient writing and speaking courses
We also offer an 18-week Cambridge English: Advanced course (course fee and entry test apply).
Find out more here
We provide free, dedicated support to Imperial College London undergraduate students in science, engineering and medicine and to students visiting the College on an exchange programme such as Erasmus or UROP who are studying an undergraduate degree. Our aim is to help you improve all your communication skills, both in an academic and social context, and to help you understand and meet the expectations of undergraduate work. You will be given the opportunity to practise and develop your language skills in a supportive environment with constructive feedback.
Imperial College London undergraduate and exchange students in the fields mentioned above can register for any of the following, subject to availability:
- 4-week courses for undergraduates
- Listening and speaking courses
- 1:1 consultations with an English tutor (to discuss a specific piece of writing or upcoming presentation)
- Writing Mechanics workshops (open to undergraduates during the spring and summer terms)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) 18-week course (course fee and entry test apply)
Registration for Block A spring term is now open.
Business School students: Please contact the Business School directly about in-sessional English language support.