The Senate is the academic authority of the College and draws its membership entirely from the academic staff and the students of the College. Its role is to direct and regulate the teaching work of the College.
The Senate delegates specific functions, powers and duties to the following individual sub-committees which act on the Senate's behalf according to the Schedule of Delegation [pdf]. See also the Academic Governance Structure [pdf] diagram.
The Online Learning Innovation Group is chaired by the Vice-Provost (Education) and reports to the Learning and Teaching Committee.
The Student Support and Wellbeing Committee is chaired by the Director of Student Support and reports to the Vice Provost's Advisory Group for Education.
The DSc Committee is chaired by the Vice Provost (Education) and reports to Senate.
The following committees have now been disbanded. For further information regarding these committees please contact Sophie White, the Senior Assistant Registrar (Quality Assurance & Enhancement).
- Master's Quality Committee (Business, Engineering and Physical Sciences)
- Master's Quality Committee (Medicine, Life Sciences and Professional Development)
- Short Course Quality Committee
- Engineering Studies Committee
- Medical Studies Committee
- Science Studies Committee
- Quality and Academic Review Committee
- Quality Assurance Advisory Committee
- Recruitment and Admissions Policy Committee
- Careers Advisers' Committee
- Humanities Committee
- Graduate Education Strategic Committee
- Graduate School Management and Strategy Committee
- Graduate School (Engineering and Physical Sciences) Postgraduate Quality Committee
- Graduate School (Life Sciences and Medicine) Postgraduate Quality Committee
- Graduate School (Engineering and Physical Sciences) Management Committee
- Graduate School (Life Sciences and Medicine) Management Committee
- Joint Research Degree Committee
- Strategic Education Committee
- Strategic Research Committee
- Recruitment and Admissions Strategy and Policy Committee
- Management Board
- E-Learning Strategy Committee
- Continuing Professional Development Quality Committee
- Undergraduate Admissions Committee